Monday, July 31, 2006

The camping trip was lots of fun. The group that I was in went over to an island and stayed in a state park. There was lots of trees and some deer as well. There was one deer that came about 10 feet from our car and let us take lots of pics. Of course we roasted marshmellows and had smores. One of the fun things was that we got to go kiaking. I really didn't have that much fun though because I got sea sick. I was really nausiated and I guess when I got off the boat I looked really pale. Also I am not the kiaking type so all in all that part of the camping trip for me was not fun al all. It seemed like everyone else that went on the camping trip had fun in the kiaks though. For dinner one night we had chicken and rice burritos. I didn't like the rice though. There was some type of seasoning that made the rice spice. To me rice jus should not be spicy when all you have with it is chicken. It was really cold on the camping trip. I had about 3 layers on and I was still cold so I ended up sitting by the fire alot. Riding the fairy was kind of fun in the fafft that we were on water and yet the fairy hardly rocked at all. While on the fairy I played lots of cards with my friends and just sat around and talked. All in all the camping trip was an experience I will never forget both good and bad.

3 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a queasy stomach in boats. Uncle Steve seems to have missed out on that luckily. I usually take ginger ale and ginger snap crackers or saltines. Sounds like the rest of it was something to remember.
Love Uncle Skip

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous mom said...

Wow, it sounds like lots of fun. I wish I could have been there with you, except getting sick, and as you know, I do get sick.
I am so glad you have had this opportunity to do all these things.
Love and miss you
mom

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger AlaskaSteve said...

I would have loved the kyaking and the ferry - sounds like a fun time. I hope we can all go camping sometime before winter, love ya

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home